Presented by NFIB and Virginia Retail Federation
December 16 I 1:30-2:30pm
This year, Virginians faced a multitude of changes. No one could have predicted a worldwide pandemic that would crush our economy in the most unexpected ways. And yet lawmakers in Virginia passed sweeping new labor laws.
So, what does this mean for your business?
1. It will be harder to identify workers as independent contractors.
2. Employees have new whistleblower protections.
3. Businesses must pay employees on time or face jail time.
4. Pregnant workers have new protections.
5. Anti-discrimination protections were expanded.
These are just a handful of the laws that will impact your business.
What does this mean for 2021? Many of these changes now apply to those with under 15 employees who were previously exempt under Federal law. Virginia employers need to prepare for these new laws and develop a program to be in compliance.
How should you prepare?
Join us for a webinar on Wednesday, December 16 from 1:30pm – 2:30pm as our guest presenter Courtney Malveaux of Jackson Lewis will cover these issues and others to inform small businesses of the changes and ways to update their employment practices to ensure they are in compliance with the new laws.